As a business, you are held accountable for every dollar you spend. If you are not seeing an acceptable ROI from your SEO marketer, then they are failing you. The right SEO company can make a huge impact on the promotion of your product or service, but don’t strike a deal with the first company that says they do SEO.
A good SEO company can give you tangible and sustainable strategies for multiplying your dollar. You need a company that will use a well-rounded approach to your campaign that will enhance your web presence and ROI. And this must all be done in a way that provides long-term success.
Do Not Turn Down a Better ROI
Many people consider an SEO company to simply be a marketing tool. For example, a business may decide to hire “SEO company A” over “SEO company B” because “A” offers their services at $1000/month less than “B”. Although pricing is a consideration, there are many other elements at play.“B” may offer a campaign with a much better ROI; and even though you’re spending $1000 more a month you could be gaining an extra $2000/ month in extra business. In this example “B” was dismissed based on inadequate research that failed to delve into the many other elements that construct a great SEO campaign.
SEO is Not a Tool, It Is a Process
Not all SEO companies are created equally; nor do they all apply the same tools, tactics, or approaches. By not doing more in-depth research you could be settling on a mediocre ROI. These kinds of problems arise when businesses do not understand that SEO is not simply a “tool” but a campaign process where analytics must be thoroughly studied and optimized.
Differentiating between SEO companies can be daunting if you do not know what you are looking for.
Five Characteristics of “The Best” SEO Company
- References and testimonials: They have proven success stories based on previous campaigns. Based on these examples, they can provide you with the confidence that your campaign will succeed.
- They can meet you on your level of understanding with clear and practical goals: There should be no unrealistic, grandiose promises. If things sounds too good to be true – they probably are. Successful SEO is not based a simple one time cure-all for you to succeed online. Successful SEO is a process in which optimizing many different elements of a campaign is crucial.
- Pricing structure should be easy to understand: You know what you are paying for, why you are paying for it, and how it is optimizing your ROI. Make sure you are given absolute transparency in regards to your financial commitments.
- They will not use unscrupulous tactics: This will undermine the integrity of your campaign and ultimately hurt the reputation of your business. There are rules and guidelines that must be adhered to in a proper SEO campaign to avoid being penalized by search engines.
- They offer you practical ways to measure success: For example: increased traffic, click-through, or brand awareness. Regardless of your goals, at the end of the day a campaign should lead to a good ROI.
ROI is King
Ultimately, an acceptable ROI is the end goal. The best SEO company will provide you with a sustainable long-term solution which should result in a positive ROI. Sometimes, even with all the right research and information, you will still find that your ROI is not where you want it to be. However, just by having this information, you have the upper hand.
You can always pressure your current SEO company to change their tactics, or you can look into another company that may be more capable of providing you with the campaign you need. Rise above the confusion and mediocrity that is typical of many SEO companies and succeed.